Monday, October 4, 2021

Day 4 - Still going well!

Weather has been perfect (aka terrible) to encourage scanning.

I have a certain amount of regret regarding this retro challenge. While it has been motivating to have a deadline to get the work done, I am exceeding my target. I regret not reaching further. That being said, I have certainly been busy in the retro space. Yesterday, I went through my Commodore 64 junk pile and brought 3 back to life - resocketing boards, replacing power switches, cleaning and repairing keyboards. This was extremely rewarding as I had considered those computers "parts computers". Two machines are ready to go, one just needs its keyboard cleaned and overhauled - that is todays job after I scan 4 magazines.


Two Scrap to Working C64s - need to get the right keys on the Breadbin


Scrap 64 Repair pile


Volume 12 No 5 December 1995 - 9:14am

Volume 12 No 6 January 1996 - 9:45am

Volume 12 No 7 March 1996 - 10:11am - The President of CCUGQ resigned.

Distracted! I booked a holiday to Queensland in January! Exciting!

Volume 12 No 8 April 1997 - 11:43am - Articles indicating that ESCOM, the worm has turned maybe?


Well, that's it - 4 mags done, now to repair that C64 keyboard and re-cap a couple Macintosh Analog boards!

Only 10 magazines left to scan!

Once again, you can find my uploads here :

https://archive.org/details/@abeckett


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have completed my mission.

It's been a while since I gave an update. As I knew I was coming to the end, for some reason I didn't rush into scanning the last on...