Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Day 6 - the end is in sight?

Well, it's Thursday. Getting close to the end of my week off work.

Yesterday, I had a mouse around in my shed and found two other Commodore Users Group Newsletters - one issue of Peripheral - the magazine of SYDCOM and CHUG (Sydney Commodore and Commodore Hornsby Users Group). Unfortunately it was a solitary issue, but its now on archive.org. I also found 14 issues of the Forestry Commission of Victoria's in house Commodore 64 Users Group and put them also on Archive.org.

I'll have to keep going in October - I have made great progress by aiming to do 4 a day and have found that target addictive to maintain.

Vol 13 No 2, September 1996 - 11:17am

Vol 13 No 3, October/November 1996 - 11:41am

Vol 13 No 4, January/February 1997 - 12:11pm

Vol 13 No 5, April/May 1997 - 12:32pm

Wow. 2 left to go.

It's been interesting. I have never done a RetroChallenge before but I think the focus that you apple for the challenge can really be a motivator. That being said, I think I set the bar pretty low for me. I am always doing Retrocomputing work but never spend the time documenting what I am doing. I'll try to provide regular updates for at least the rest of the month on my progress in October with whatever else I am doing. Should I find it addictive, I'll attempt to restart my blogging efforts more routinely.


You can find all my contributions here -

https://archive.org/details/@abeckett

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have completed my mission.

It's been a while since I gave an update. As I knew I was coming to the end, for some reason I didn't rush into scanning the last on...