Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Just Scan the Damn Mags!

 This RetroChallenge purpose is simple. 

In Late 2020, Phil Guerney - former President and Committee Member of the CCUGQ - approached me and asked if I would scan Cursor Magazine for him. I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to read these magazines and make them available to the public. He shipped down an enormous box of magazines and I kind of underestimated the workload. 

I use a non destructive overhead scanner to preserve the documents so I can return them in the condition I have received them. 




While I have made substantial progress, I need something to get me motivated to finish this project! 

I have completed 134 issues - I have to finish at issue 162. You can track my frustration on this blog or here on my archive.org profile page.

https://archive.org/details/@abeckett

If I am successful in being motivated, it might motivate me to do more archiving work on the next RetroChallenge (and of course in between).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have completed my mission.

It's been a while since I gave an update. As I knew I was coming to the end, for some reason I didn't rush into scanning the last on...